Biological Systems Engineering Advising
The EBSE Advising team will be offering virtual drop-in advising, appointments, workshops, and other events. Please see the details and schedule below for more information on advising services.
Winter 2024 Advising Schedule & Availability:
All availability below is for current Biological Systems Engineering (EBSE) students ONLY.
- Week 1: Drop-ins only via zoom (see drop-in schedule below)
- Weeks 2 - 10: Drop-ins via zoom (see drop-in schedule below) & Annual Advising Appointments
- Finals Week: Drop-ins only via zoom (see drop-in schedule below)
Drop-ins are for EBSE students who have quick & general questions regarding their academic schedules, major requirements and questions about campus resources. Drop-ins will not count towards meeting your advising requirement and are offered on a one-on-one, first-come, first-serve basis. If your question requires a meeting with a staff (major) advisor, you may be referred to appointment with a staff advisor. Drop-in hours are NOT for change of major students. For students interested in adding our major, please review our criteria and instructions at https://bae.ucdavis.edu/undergraduate/undergraduate-changing-majors.
Drop-in advising hours will be held on the following days and times:
- Mondays, 10:00a-12:00p, via zoom* (peer advisor)
- Tuesdays, 1:30p-3:00p, via zoom* (staff advisor)
- Wednesdays, 10:00a-12:00p, via zoom* (peer advisor)
- Fridays, 10:00a-12:00p, via zoom* (peer advisor)
To access drop-in advising, join the following zoom link during one of the times listed above and an advisor will assist you: Drop-In Advising Zoom Link
Scheduled Advising Appointments:
Scheduled advising appointments are reserved for EBSE students who have to meet with the EBSE Advisor to clear their Annual Mandatory Advising Hold. Students will be able to schedule appointments to clear their holds only in the quarter their hold is assigned. Advising will contact students at the start of the quarter in which their hold is assigned to notify them that they need to schedule a mandatory advising hold appointment.
To make an appointment, visit the UC Davis Advising Appointment System and search for Biological Systems Engineering from the drop-down menu. Select Biological and Agricultural Engineering, then select Undergrad - Biological Systems Engineering to access the calendar and schedule your appointment.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please email BAEadvising@ucdavis.edu.
*Schedule is subject to change | No advising on University holidays
Biological Systems Engineering Major Advisor
Undergraduate Advisor, EBSE
Bainer Hall, Room 2038
Monday, Remote: 8:00am-5:00pm
Tues-Thurs, Bainer Hall: 8:30am-5:30pm
Friday, Remote: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Corwin was born in Lafayette, Indiana and previously lived in Oregon before returning to Indiana for college. He is a proud alumnus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana where he received his BA in Anthropology. He previously worked as the Sr. Program Manager at Purdue University where he supported Master’s students in the School of Chemical Engineering. As a first-generation student, Corwin is passionate about helping students navigate their journey through college and achieve their goals. In his spare time, Corwin enjoys exploring the greater Sacramento area as recent transplant from the Midwest and can often be found outdoors with his partner and two dogs, and sometimes their two cats.
- Advising Philosophy
Biological Systems Engineering Peer Advisor:
Peer advisors are current UC Davis students, who serve as a valuable resource to those searching for a fellow student's perspective with with academic and administrative questions, including course recommendations, progress checks, and other co-curricular questions.
You should see a peer advisor if you have questions like…
- What courses should I take next quarter?
- What do you do in ENG 103? What is it about?
- What GEs are fun?
- Where can I go to get help with MAT 22B?
Peer Advisor, EBSE
Bainer Hall, Room 2033
Monday, Bainer Hall: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Wednesday, Bainer Hall: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Friday, Bainer Hall: 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Coming soon!
- Advising Philosophy