Teaching Assistant & Reader Information
To apply to be a Teaching Assistant or Reader for the Department of Biological & Agricultural Engineering please follow the steps listed below:
- Complete the Graduate Student Eligibility Checklist to ensure you are eligible to be a TA/Reader.
- Confirm you completed the TA Language Requirement via TALRA.
- Complete the Teaching Assistant & Reader Application following the instructions below.
Non-BAE Students: You are welcome to fill out the BAE TA/Reader Application, but please understand that we do prioritize the hiring of all BAE students to fill open positions.
Teaching Assistant and Reader Application
If you are interested in applying for a Biological Systems Engineering TA or Reader position for Spring 2023, please find the application instructions below. Please complete the application by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, 2/19/2023. (Failure to follow application instructions may result in disqualification for any open positions.)
Potential Spring 2023 courses with TA/Reader openings are:
- ABT 15
- ABT 16
- ABT 49
- EBS 125
- EBS 128
- EBS 170C
- EBS 265
- ENG 3
- TAE 30
Application process (Failure to follow application instructions may result in disqualification for any open positions.):
- Please prepare a single PDF document (can be multiple pages but must be one document) that includes your CV/resume, transcript, and a short explanation of your interest in and qualifications for EACH individual course you are applying for (multiple courses can be on the same page).
- Complete the new BAE Spring 2023 TA and Reader Application to indicate which courses you would like to apply for and then upload your single PDF to the Application Upload Portal as directed in the TA and Reader Application.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please email BAEadvising@ucdavis.edu .
All students must complete the TA Orientation to be hired as a TA. The TA Orientation for Fall 2022 is now open, please register to attend here. Biological and Agricultural Engineering students will attend the TA Orientation on Monday.
TA Language Proficiency Requirement
Be sure to check out the International and Academic English website about how to fulfill the Language Proficiency Requirement.
There are amazing resources for TA's through the Center for Educational Effectiveness, including the TA Handbook.
Webpage updated: 03/2023