Teaching Assistant & Reader Information
To apply to be a Teaching Assistant or Reader for the Department of Biological & Agricultural Engineering please follow the steps listed below:
- Complete the Graduate Student Eligibility Checklist to ensure you are eligible to be a TA/Reader.
- Confirm you completed the TA Language Requirement via TALRA.
- Complete the Teaching Assistant & Reader Application following the instructions below.
Non-BAE Students: You are welcome to fill out the BAE TA/Reader Application, but please understand that we do prioritize the hiring of all BAE students to fill open positions.
Teaching Assistant and Reader Application
If you are interested in applying for a Biological Systems Engineering TA or Reader position for Spring 2024, please find the application instructions below. Please submit your application by 11:59 p.m. February 29, 2024. Applications will be accepted after this date on an as needed basis.
Application process (Failure to follow application instructions may result in disqualification for any open positions.):
- Please prepare a single PDF document (can be multiple pages but must be one document) that includes your CV/resume, transcript, and a short explanation of your interest in and qualifications for EACH individual course you are applying for (multiple courses can be on the same page).
- Complete the BAE TA and Reader Application to indicate which courses you would like to apply for and then upload your single PDF to the Application Upload Portal as directed in the TA and Reader Application.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please email BAEadvising@ucdavis.edu .
All students must complete the TA Orientation to be hired as a TA. The next TA Orientation for Fall 2023 is now open, please register to attend here. Biological and Agricultural Engineering students will attend the TA Orientation on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
Registration is now open. Register Here
TA Language Proficiency Requirement
Be sure to check out the International and Academic English website about how to fulfill the Language Proficiency Requirement.
Webpage updated: 02/2024