Safety On-Boarding Procedure
While there is no set order in which the following must be completed, the steps below provide a sample guideline for completing your on-boarding.
- Send email to email@example.com to initiate the safety onboarding process. Include position title and PI or supervisor name.
- Follow the directions in the return email sent by the Safety Coordinators, read the attached documents, and then confirm by email "Reply All" that this has been completed.
- Meet with your Principal Investigator (PI) or Supervisor to complete the following:
Fill out and sign the Individual Safety Plan (ISP)
- Review and sign your Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Determine if you need to completed a Lab Hazard Assessment Tool (LHAT)
- Discuss other important safety information including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), emergency exits, etc.
Please make sure to attend the next quarterly In-Person Initial Safety Training. The Safety Coordinators will send you an invitation. This in-person training is not a prerequisite for beginning work if all the other requirements are met.
For information and help, contact Victor Duraj at firstname.lastname@example.org.