Safety On-Boarding Procedure: New Staff, Students, and Visitors
While there is no set order in which the following must be completed, the steps below provide a sample guideline for completing your on-boarding.
- Obtain and review the Initial Safety Packet from the BAE staff in 2030 Bainer Hall or 1136 Robert Mondavi Institute.
- Read and sign the New Personnel Introductory Letter in the Initial Safety Packet and provide a copy to the department or BFTV staff. The staff will then contact the Safety Coordinators who will contact you with additional information.
- Follow the directions in the email sent by the Safety Coordinators, read the attached documents, and then confirm by email "Reply All" that this has been completed.
- Sign-up for your account on the UC Davis Learning Management System after receiving a UC Davis Login (Kerberos Id/CAS)
- Meet with your Principal Investigator (PI) or Supervisor to complete the following:
Fill out and sign the Individual Safety Plan (ISP)
- Review and sign your Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Determine if you need to completed a Lab Hazard Assessment Tool (LHAT)
- Discuss other important safety information including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), emergency exits, etc.
- Determine if there are other requirements before obtaining Keys
- (If applicable) Your PI will request keys from firstname.lastname@example.org
For information and help, contact Kameron Chun or Victor Duraj at email@example.com.