Registration & Enrollment
To ensure equity in student enrollment and support degree completion, the University of California, Davis utilizes block enrollment periods. These pass times are generated by the Registrar's Office. A students' enrollment date/time can be located on their OASIS portal.
Pass 1 Enrollment:
- Limited to a MAX of 17 units.
- Students are encouraged to enroll into their major coursework required for graduation during this time.
Pass 2 Enrollment:
- Limited to a MAX of 19 units.
- Enrollment in up to 28.5 units allowed.
- Enrollment restrictions may be lifted during this time.
Open hours during Pass 1 and Pass 2:
- Once a student's Pass time has occurred, students are able to modify their coursework during the below timeframes while we are still in Pass 1 and Pass 2, even after their designated pass time window closes.
- Weekdays 8 pm –midnight.
- Weekends 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Petition to add (PTA)
- The Department of Biological & Agricultural Engineering (BAE) adheres to strict enrollment policies and does not guarantee enrollment into a course if you are currently on the waitlist. Please plan accordingly.
NOTE: PTA numbers cannot be issued during Pass 1. All PTA requests will be considered on a case by case basis, following the instructions listed below.
Requesting a PTA for your Pass 2 appointment (or later):
1. Reach out to the faculty of the course for their approval to enroll.
2. No more than 48 hours before your Pass 2 time, forward email approval from faculty to BAEadvising@ucdavis.edu along with the CRN(s) of the section(s) of interest and your name and student ID Number. Note: PTAs are only valid for 72 hours after creation, thus they cannot be provided any earlier than 48 hours prior to your Pass 2 time and must be used within 72 hours of creation or they will expire.
PTA requests for the following reasons are not guaranteed:
- A change of major
- Classes dropped due to non-payment of fees
- Classes dropped accidentally
- Completion of degree requirements for institutions other than UC Davis
- Time conflicts with other classes (unless you receive an exception from your instructors, the course does not have a waitlist, and the class room capacity allows it)
- Missing Pass 1 (students may still enroll during open hours)
- The class is listed on your academic plan for the current quarter
- Completing the major (if you have other opportunities to take the course and it does not delay your graduation beyond the usual graduation timeline such as attempting early graduation)
- Elective course for completing a major (if you have other options/opportunities to take the course)
- Completing BAE classes for other university requirements
- Circumventing course registration restrictions (ex. Pass 1 registration restricted to BAE majors)
- This course is recommended for a job, internship, research position, or admission to a graduate program
- To maintain full-time status and/or receive financial aid
- To meet the minimum progress requirement
- To repeat a failed course
- Graduate students who would like to enroll into BAE undergraduate courses:
- PTA numbers will not be issued until the scheduling adjustment period.
Seats must be available in the course and section you choose.
1. Confirm with your Major Professor and/or Graduate Advisor that you are eligible to take the undergraduate course for which you are requesting a PTA.
2. Reach out to the faculty instructor of the course for their approval to enroll.
3. Forward email approval from faculty to BAEadvising@ucdavis.edu along with the CRN(s) of the section(s) of interest and your name and student ID Number. Note: PTAs are only valid for 72 hours after creation, thus they must be used within this timeframe or they will expire.
- How to complete a pre-requisite petition
- How to drop a course in schedule builder (before drop deadline, PTD required after deadline)