Each year, students in the College of Engineering are required to meet with an academic advisor and as a result, have an advising hold placed on their record. This hold requires that you meet with your major advisor to discuss your educational, professional, personal goals and challenges. Not clearing the hold by that date will affect your next quarter’s registration.
New First-Year Students and New First Term Transfer Students
During the 2019-2020 academic year, students who are in their first year at the university will have an advising hold placed for the fall 2019 quarter, requiring that you submit your completed Advising Worksheet by November 30th, 2019.
Continuing Students (2nd year, 3rd, year, 4th year and beyond)
Students in their second year will have a hold placed during the winter 2020 quarter, requiring that you submit your completed Advising Worksheet by February 28th, 2020.
Students in their third year will have a hold placed during the spring 2020 quarter, requiring that you submit your completed Advising Worksheet by May 31st, 2020.
For students in their fourth year or beyond, an advising hold will be placed at the start of the fall 2019 quarter, requiring that you submit your completed Advising Worksheet by February 28th, 2020.
To Release Your Hold:
- Complete an Advising Worksheet: First-Year Advising Worksheet or Continuing Advising Worksheet
- Create a 3-quarter Academic Plan by visiting students.ucdavis.edu and clicking Forms & Petitions > Submit a New Form > Academic Plan > Save as Draft
- Make an appointment with the Undergraduate Program Advisor and bring your Advising Worksheet to the appointment
- Make an appointment with your assigned Faculty Advisor and bring your Advising Worksheet to the appointment
- Return the signed Advising Worksheet to the Student Form Box outside of 2038 Bainer Hall before you hold is active
Holds When Seeking to Change Majors
If you plan to change your major within the College of Engineering, please meet with the advisor from your intended major to clear your hold.
If you plan to change your major outside the College of Engineering, please email your approved Academic Plan from the intended major to the EBS Undergraduate Program Advisor at BAEAdvising@ucdavis.edu